Respite care is short-term care that provides relief for primary caregivers. Some reasons families seek respite care at an assisted living community include:
- Needing a break. As you know, being a caregiver is hard and over time can start to wear you out. This is often called caregiver burnout. (Checkout 5 Ways to Beat Caregiver Burnout)
- Traveling – whether for business or a family vacation. Knowing your loved one is safe can give you peace of mind while you are away.
- Their loved one needs a little bit more care to get completely independent after a hospital stay.
- Wanting to test what assisted living is like and if it will work for their family.
Most assisted living communities require a minimum stay of one week for respite care and include items like furnishings, linens, and toiletries. At the Cottage, our Home Away services include:
- Physician and nurse practitioner visits
- Personalized care
- Engaging on and offsite activities
- Medication Assistance
- Meals – and snacks!
The Cottage offers respite care at the following locations (click to learn more about each community): Decatur, AL | Florence, AL | Hoover, AL | Huntsville, AL | Montgomery, AL | Mountain Brook, AL | Russellville, AL